MySchool is a web-based platform that helps schools organise their data, streamline their processes and communicate with their communities. We’ve been around for 13 years and help over 200 schools worldwide with their daily needs. Whereas we are involved in large and long-term contracts with governments and multinational organisations, we want to outgrow our regional player status to become a global force in the EdTech industry.
We are a team that is passionate about education and providing the best solutions for administrators, students, and parents alike. Our team is collaborative, fun, and always looking for new and innovative ways to improve the lives of the people we serve. We’re proud of our work/life balance, the diversity and inclusiveness of our team, its drive and professional calibre. Everyone in the company has access to a well-being budget, a self-development budget and a work-from-home budget.
Although we’re HQed in beautiful and centrally-located offices in the sunny island of Malta, our team has the option to work from anywhere in the world.
About the position
This position is open to candidates located in Malta with a right to work in Malta. Please do not apply for this job unless you are physically located in Malta.
We’re looking for a talented Product manager with project management skills who can focus on the big picture, roadmap, planning and stakeholder needs while also working with the dev team on tangible goals and communicate clearly with the team and ensure customer needs are fully understood. The ideal candidate will have big ideas and strategies that foster an environment of collaboration and creativity. Most importantly, you will be integral to helping us build a better product that people love to use.
What you’ll be doing
You will work with, and report directly to the managing director and manage a team member to form the product team.
Together, you will:
- Develop a roadmap, together with all stakeholders, internal and external, and drive the product and features from concept to launch.
- Develop the product strategy and translate it into detailed product feature specifications, manage scope and ensure they’re clearly understood by the development teams.
- Project manage and work closely with engineering teams to deliver timely releases, with optimal use of resources.
- Organise and prioritise work in the backlog based on business and customer impact.
- Conduct user research and competitor analysis, develop wireframes, and personas, and create actionable user stories for the agile dev team.
- Work with freelance UI and UX experts where required, providing them with direction and detailed briefs and specifications.
- Act as the voice of the customer to the team and help foster a customer-first culture.
- Help foster communication between all stakeholders
- Plan and run demonstrations of product/feature releases. Ensure product features are thoroughly communicated and understood internally.
- Drive product launches, working with sales, marketing and support teams as well as other team members.
- Attending and often leading team organisation meetings.
- Learning and understanding the SIS market and industry trends.
Requirements, Experience & skills
- Attention to detail, strong interpersonal and both written and verbal, communication skills.
- Product manager / Product owner / Product designer experience in a SAAS environment.
- A customer first mindset.
- Able to manage, balance and influence all stakeholders in the organisation.
- Strong project management skills.
- Team management experience.
- Track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Bachelor degree or equivalent.
- 5+ years experience in product development
Nice to have
- Well travelled and culturally aware.
- Your career has progressed to Product Manager through hands-on Product Owner, Product designer, and Project Management roles.
- Experience with Aha! roadmap planner and Figma or similar.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred.