MySchool is a leading school administration software for K-12 schools and the Higher Education sector, serving more than 200 schools and over 100,000 students globally. Our platform is built around a set of integrated modules that manage all aspects of school administration, connecting staff, teachers, students and parents under one ever-evolving digital roof.
We are looking for an experienced and talented full stack developer to join a growing team responsible for maintaining and developing the MySchool SaaS application used by more than 400,000 people.
What you’ll be doing
- Writing high performance, testable and maintainable code to implement new functionality
- Troubleshoot, debug and optimize system defects in existing functionlity
- Evaluate and make recommendations on technologies and tools that will improve the usability, performance and reliability of our application
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges with like-minded team members
Build secure and scalable APIs (GraphQL)
- Proficient in PHP 7+ (or a similar language)
- Solid knowledge of front-end technologies (HTML, CSS, Sass, JS/Typescript)
- Experience using mvc frameworks (ideally symfony)
- Experience using JS frameworks such as ReactJS, Vue or Angular
- Experience working with relational database (MySQL)
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and Git workflows.
Considered a plus
- Experience working with large codebases
- Experience creating APIs (ideally GraphQL)
- Experience with Linux systems, software automation technologies, Infrastructure As Code practices
- Familiarity with programming methodologies and design patterns such as domain driven design and Service-oriented architecture
- Experience with Continuous Integration
- Experience using Amazon AWS (or similar cloud platforms)